36° 41’ 48” N 002° 47’ 48” W
Tel: +34 617 236 563 / 619992520
Almerimar Marine Services S.c.
Almerimar Marine Services S.c.
The legal bases on which we rely
The law on data protection sets out a number of legal bases for which a company may collect and process personal data. Almerimar Marine relies on the following bases:
• Consent: On occasion, we will collect and process your data with your consent, for example, when you tick a box or complete a form in order to receive email updates or marketing, or provide your business card to a member of our staff.
• Contractual obligations: In order to comply with our contractual obligations to you, we need certain pieces of personal data, for example, if you place an order with us, we will collect your delivery address and this information will be passed to our courier.
• Legitimate interests: We may use your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example, we may use customer purchase history to predict demand. This use of data would be reasonably expected as part of the running of our business, and does not have a material impact on your rights, freedoms or interests
• Legal obligations: In specific circumstances, the law requires us to collect and process data, for example, the personal data of Almerimar Marines employees is held and processed for the purposes of satisfying relevant law and for the support and management of Almerimar Marines staff.
When we collect information
We collect information:
• When you contact us by any method
• When you create a customer account with us
• When you purchase a product or service from us
• When you apply to join our supply chain
• When you visit any of our websites
• When you engage with us on social media
• When you interact with our staff
• When you apply for a role with Almerimar Marine Services.
• When you become a member of staff at Almerimar Marine Services.
What sort of information do we collect?
We collect a range of personal information from our customers, suppliers and business partners in order to fulfil our contractual obligations and to provide a better service, e.g. name, business telephone or mobile number, business email address, business shipping and billing addresses, credit card or other payment information.
We collect a range of personal information from our employees in order to fulfil our legal and contractual obligations, e.g. name, personal contact details, banking information.
We collect a range of information when you visit our websites www.almerimarmarine.com and www.almerimarmarineonline.com and our other web shop outlets or interact with us on social media.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer's hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Our websites use Lead Forensics, which is software that reveals the identity of anonymous website traffic. We do this to ensure visitors to our websites, where we believe that there is a genuine legitimate interest in our services, become actionable leads within a business to business environment. Lead Forensics will only ever collect, process and store the essential information required for making contact with individuals within a business environment. The personal data collected is limited to first name, last name, email address, social profiles (limited to LinkedIn) as well as business IP address. Other business-
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting other sites because such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question and be aware that you click on external links at your own risk. Almerimar Marine cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
How we use the information we collect
We use information held about you in several different ways to understand you better and to provide the highest levels of service:
• To fulfil our contractual obligations, for example, to process any orders you make using our websites or by contacting us direct
• To process payments
• To respond to any queries, complaints or other enquiries
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
• To ensure that our website content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• To notify you about changes to our service.
Please note, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services to you.
Accessing and updating the information we hold
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
You have the right to see what information Almerimar Marine holds about you (a ‘subject access request’) and to ask for the information to be amended if it is incorrect. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data at any time.
To make a subject access request or to withdraw consent, please email email@example.com. Your request will be carried out within one calendar month unless there is good reason for this not to be possible. In this event we will contact you and explain why we cannot carry out your request within one month. Please note, if you withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data, there may be some services we cannot continue to provide to you.
Email marketing you receive from Almerimar Marine will always have an 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom and will also include the option to amend your details and update your preferences.
Storage, processing and retention of personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect, both in direct and online.
We sometimes need to share your personal data with trusted third parties, for example, couriers. We only provide the information they require in order to perform the specified service. We currently work with the following businesses, who may process pieces of personal data as part of their contracts with us:
• Our couriers
• Lead Forensics
• Google Analytics
Data is stored and processed only for the period during which processing is necessary and is thereafter archived or deleted. Our Data Handing Register, which includes our retention schedule, may be viewed on request. All data is securely hosted and erased after a specified time.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Almerimar Marine or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.